Propane Cylinder Safety
With the outdoor grilling season here, there are a number of safety tips you should review before you really get cooking.
ALWAYS: Store or place a propane cylinder outdoors and in an open area, and not in a basement, garage, shed or tent.
ALWAYS: Be mindful of the company your cylinder keeps. You don’t want to have it near a stove, fireplace, or other heat sources. This is also why you should not store a spare cylinder under or near your barbecue grill.
ALWAYS: Stay aware when you are handling cylinders. You don’t want anyone smoking near it. You should also make sure your cylinder does not come into contact with ignition sources such as flames or spark-producing electrical tools.
ALWAYS: Leave the care and repair of a cylinder in the hands of a skilled propane professional. You should not make any attempt to modify or repair valves, regulators, or other cylinder or appliance parts.
Fixed Price/Budget Billing Contracts
Over the last several years, our budget billing program has proven itself to be a valuable tool for Two Rivers’ customers in controlling their energy costs. With the extremely volatile nature of the energy market, we recommend that all Two Rivers heating customers consider participating in the budget billing program.
We will set the propane price for Fixed Price/Budget Billing Propane Contracts in May. After the price has been set, we will review your consumption history and calculate your recommended propane contract gallons.
All current Fixed Price/Budget Billing customers whose accounts are paid in full by May 15, 2019, will be automatically re-enrolled for the 2019-2020 season and will be required to return the signed contract to us in order to finalize your signup form.
In May, we will mail all customers signed up for the budget billing program a Fixed Price/Budget Billing Propane Contract. That contract will include the consumption history we have calculated, as well as the required monthly payment on the contract. Once you have received this information, you will be required to sign and return it to us before June 1, 2019, to complete the sign-up process.
2019-2020 Fixed Price/Budget Billing Propane Contract Program:
- This program will be available to all qualified LP customers of Two Rivers Cooperative.
- To be eligible for this program your account must be paid in full prior to May 15, 2019.
- On the Fixed Price/Budget Billing Propane Contract program, you make monthly payments beginning on June 15, 2019, through April 15, 2020, and a final payment to clear your account by May 15, 2020, if necessary.
- As long as your payments are kept current, the cooperative will monitor your propane usage and maintain your propane supply at adequate levels to meet your needs.
- You will not incur a finance charge.
- Budget billing customers do not pay the non-refundable, 10 cents per gallon contracting deposit.
- Direct withdrawal of your monthly payment is also available. We will include a signup sheet for the automatic withdrawal program when we send you the Fixed Price/Budget Billing Propane Contract. Our bank requires all customers to sign new forms on an annual basis to be included in the automatic withdrawal program.
Can You Qualify for a Rebate?
Whether it’s a new propane furnace, boiler or water heater, you have options for smart imporvements that will enhance your lifestyle, improve your comfort and save you money. And you may qualify for rebates as high as $300!
Please visit PropaneIowa.com to learn more about your rebate opportunities in 2019.
Some information provided by PropaneIowa.com